- Friday 18 June 2010, 09:47
- FEBP, for an ethical profit!
- On June 11th 2010, the RAFAD foundation attended the FEBP annual International Meeting. The Founda...
- Tuesday 8 June 2010, 09:34
- Never this crisis again! Yes, but how?
- Launching a think tank on capitalism: the Responsible Growth Foundation We learnt the first lesson...
- Friday 4 June 2010, 09:39
- Microfinance sustainability? by F.NDIAYE
- Fodé NDIAYE’s book wonders about the microfinance and its outlooks in Africa. Called “Mi...
- Thursday 3 June 2010, 09:36
- Scientific diasporas for development
- Gabriella Tejada and Jean-Claude Bolay’s book, entitled “SCIENTIFIC DIASPORAS AS DEVELOPME...
Its role is to advise, support and provide a framework for local organizations in Southern countries to help small and micro-businesses, become self-sustainable.
This target group includes associations of farmers, women, traditional fishermen, independent artisans, small businesses, savings and loan groups, microfinance institutions (MFI's), etc.
Today, almost three billion people live on less than 3 dollars per day. Only 6% of micro-businesses have access to credit, despite their activities being an important contribution to economic development in terms of income, jobs, health and children's education.
The RAFAD Foundation promotes access to financial services for small and micro-businesses, cooperatives and associations by engaging local human, institutional and financial resources.